The Grid Protection Alliance (GPA) takes the security of our software products and services seriously. This includes all source code repositories managed through our GitHub organizational sites, specifically: Grid Protection Alliance, Gemstone Libraries, and Streaming Telemetry Transport Protocol.
GPA has adopted the following “definition of security vulnerability” when considering what constitutes a security vulnerability. If you believe you have found a security vulnerability meeting this definition in any GPA-owned repository, please report it to us as described below.
Reporting Security Issues
Please report security vulnerabilities as described below, not through public GitHub issues.
To report a security vulnerability in any GPA-owned open source repository, please send an email to email@example.com.
When submitting the security vulnerability report, please include the requested information listed below to help us better understand the nature and scope of the possible issue:
- Type of issue (e.g. buffer overflow, SQL injection, cross-site scripting, etc.)
- Full paths of source file(s) related to the manifestation of the issue
- The location of the affected source code (tag/branch/commit or direct URL)
- Any special configuration required to reproduce the issue
- Step-by-step instructions to reproduce the issue
- Proof-of-concept or exploit code (if possible)
- Impact of the issue, including how an attacker might exploit the issue
You should receive a response within 24 hours. If for some reason you do not, please follow up via email to ensure we received your original message.
We prefer all communications to be in English.
The Grid Protection Alliance follows the principle of Coordinated Vulnerability Disclosure.